Thursday, March 22, 2012

Goin to the chapel. Part 1

I thought I would finally share our wedding photos with you!
 I talked about the week leading up to the wedding here and here
Our wedding day was surreal. For over a year and a half we DIY wedding planned.
It was a labour of love for sure.
We tried to get creative, scoured various sources and put everything together.
The planning process was not without its drawbacks.
 Stress, disagreements, mountains of 'to dos'.
 But in the end, we were so proud.
Tired, but proud.
And all the emotions of the day and everything leading up started to erupt out of my eyeballs...

 I cried the whole time. I just couldn't stop!
The makeup artist was tying to do my makeup and kept having to stop because of my blubbering.
Everyone was worried about me and when they asked if I was ok
all I could say was "I am just so happy"
Really I was, and fairly emotionally overwhelmed too. Its a big day.
 I also threw out my knee a couple days before
 and my best friends saintly mom came before the wedding and did some free physio for me.
That woman is a miracle worker, thanks to her I could walk (not hobble) down the aisle.


 We did all the decor ourselves, including my veil.
All this would not have been possible without value village, 
the salvation army, hot glue, antique stores, wedding blogs and the help of friends and family

 I made the veil from a piece of $20 tulle and a $4 comb
 I got my wedding dress from the corner of an antique store in Cambridge Ontario for 60 bucks!
Its from the early 50s we think and it was in perfect condition and fit me like a glove. 
I tried it on with my mom in the corner of a dirty bathroom. 
It had amazing details, dozens of covered buttons, silk lace and silk tulle. 
I got the earrings from Kathryn Rebecca in exchange for one of my art pieces.


 Got the typewriter off etsy.
Thought people may actually type something like a message or a wish.
but instead we just got drunken messages on like like 'parttyyyydljgsjsl'.
But in the end, doesn't 'parttyyydljgsjsl' says so much more...

 liquid courage




 So handsome. So dapper
Our first look.







Thanks for looking! more to come later!!
All photos were taken by Laura Jane photography. An amazing photographer. Please do not use photos without permission first. Thank you

1 comment:

  1. You're just killing me with your beauty, girl!!! I love each and every one of these photos sooo much!! You two are seriously amazingggggg. What a perfect celebration of a beautiful life together :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete