Friday, April 6, 2012

Our Handmade DIY Wedding Part 2.

 Welcome back to part 2 of our handmade wedding. For Part 1 go here!
the runner is just some striped fabric from Ikea

Got the tissue poms off Etsy. I was so amazed with how great they looked! 
I was able to do two of these feature walls.
I wish walking down the aisle took longer, wish I could have said hi to everyone right there and then. 
I kept my great grandmas handkerchief close for tears. It was soo needed 
 we were all very misty throughout the night. Bridesmaids dresses were a mix of vintage and Modcloth



Finally!




Our ceremony was just so sweet. 
Scott learned James Taylor's Something in the way she moves and sang it to me and played it on guitar at the ceremony. 
I knew he was learning something to play at some point in the night, 
but he went to lessons and practiced secretly so I would not know the song.
 It was probably one of the greatest moments of my life. That guy always amazes me. 

 We did a wine sharing ceremony and we used the two pink goblets that I found at the thrift store. 
I love thrifting but the most intense amount of thrifting was done for this wedding!


 Our favours were organic olive oils from Vlatos.
Two things that made the DIY aspect of the wedding easier?
Fabric, a good calligraphy pen and rubber stamps!






 This kid is an amazing fiddle player! I saw him playing a festival here in Toronto and was like 
" I have to have you play my wedding!!"

 Part 3 to come! Sooo many photos, can you tell I am having a  hard time only picking a few to show?



No comments:

Post a Comment