Thursday, September 27, 2012

In my solitude...










 Its been a long time since I have had the chance to rest, to reflect. Reflecting takes time and attention, and all my time this year has been spent on weddings (so many lovely weddings), purchasing our first home (yay!) and art shows.
Sometimes to be your most productive you need peace and solitude. At least that's how it works for me; the more space there is in my brain the more my brain creates new ideas. While sitting on a blanket in the backyard a dear friend recently told me how much she values her solitude, and it made me think of how little I have valued it, or respected it.
It has been a long time since I stopped and listened to the wind in the trees and really paid attention. And with this peace and the shift in seasons I have begun to cozy-up. And I put this song on repeat.
 I leave my hair uncombed, wrap myself in a warm sweater and settle in to my chair to look out the window. There's the breeze blowing through my neighbors vegetable patch, there's my coffee and honey, there's my paintbrush, and (what seems like) large spaces of time to fill. This is where I hope to craft something new, to learn a new technique, to challenge myself and really pay attention to what I am doing and put my heart and soul into it. 
What is it that you need in order to be your best?
Love, 


No comments:

Post a Comment