Monday, March 26, 2012

keep bowlin bowlin bowlin...

Bowling engagement party? Yes please!
The other weekend we celebrated the engagement of two sets of dear friends...
 The groom to be.
 The bride was feeling under the weather (flu) and declined to have her photo taken. 
Ya win some ya lose some.



 Who on earth granny bowls like this? I mean COME ON.

Oh wait that's me.

Bowling names: TREX and Littlest Hobo



The guy on the right, our dear friend Matt who looks just like Don Draper if you ask me.
 Speaking of which, did you guys catch the season 5 premiere?
 I was beat and tend to fall asleep by 10 most nights so I recorded it.
 I am avoiding all spoiler alerts today.





Those are just a few shots from the night. It was a fun-filled night of hot dogs, nachos, beer and dirty hands. I couldn't believe the filth that came off my hands after finishing a game. But even with all its fun I felt tired, so sleepy. stuff that entertained you at many stages of life and will still continue to entertain you. Bowling was fun as a kid, it was a dark and disco lit retreat from parents as a teenager (mom and dad will always let you go bowling), a place to perfect that technique as a retiree, a place to bring the kids. And now a place to celebrate romantic engagements.
Lets bowl our way into the future.

On a side note, I wanted to take a moment to chat about goals and ambition. A massive platform of my life is the concept of goals, motivation and ambition. When I council people trying to develop their own business (which I do part-time besides being an artist), we discuss consistent goal setting, visualisation, dreaming....scheming? Sarah from Pink of Perfection discusses this in a very strong post. It resonated with me, because sometimes were so busy looking to the future that we have yet to savour what we are enjoying in the present. We admire those who continue to dream , those with endless energy and ambition. Those are beautiful qualities.
But perhaps I would like to focus more on savouring a moment (but ironically that's just another goal for me to focus on).


No comments:

Post a Comment